Fertilizers and weed control are key services to help maintain a beautiful lawn throughout the growing season. Be sure to add one of our Fertilization & Weed Control Packages to your lawn care service contract.
APS Fertilization & Weed Control Package Details
Early Spring Fertilization (Late March – Early April)
- Fertilizer is added to promote early spring growth and thicken the lawn.
- A pre-emergent seed killer is applied, preventing unwanted annual grasses and weeds from germinating.
Late Spring (Late April – Early May)
- Time-released nitrogen is added to the lawn to improve color and density and prepare the lawn for summer stress.
- Weed control is applied to kill broad leaf weeds that have begun to sprout.
Summer (Late May – Early June)
- Liquid weed control is applied to control weeds such as clover, creeping charlie, violets and many more.
Summer (Late June)
- Balanced granular time-release treatment of the lawn to maintain color and vigorous growth throughout the summer.
Late Summer (Late August)
- Time-released nitrogen is added to thicken grass, promote root growth and repair the lawn after summer stress.
- Second application of broad leaf weed control is included if needed.
Late Fall (Late October – Early November)
- High nitrogen treatment with a nutrient supply is added to help the lawn through the harsh winter.
NOTE – The order of the applications of fertilizers and weed controls may change due to the condition of your lawn and the weather.